Initiating court proceedings

As a private person, you can file a lawsuit or request provisonal measures with the administrative court in electronic form, by letter or fax. In addition, you can visit the legal application office and have your application recorded there. You can find out the office hours at the respective administrative court. For the transmission of documents in electronic form, please refer to the section on electronic communication.

Please note that the legislator has not permitted the legally binding initiation of proceedings by regular e-mail.

Before the administrative courts, plaintiffs do not have to be represented by a lawyer. Lawyers are only required to appear before the Higher Administrative Court of Bavaria and the Federal Administrative Court.

When writing the administrative courts, please note that in order to be considered, submissions must be made in German.